Do you want to drive project management execution with top Services Professionals to solve business problems for our enterprise customers? Do you like to foster and manage delivery relationships with enterprise customers and partners? Do you enjoy delivering professional consulting services and reaping the rewards of a satisfied customer?
We are looking for Delivery Project Managers (PjMs) who demonstrate a mix of skills in project management, technology, and strategic business acumen. The role requires both deep project management experience in a consulting organization, and the ability to facilitate the deployment of solutions by mapping customer business problems to reusable end-to-end technology solutions.
PjMs are key enablers for Hounder customers and partners. They manage the complete lifecycle of small, medium, large and complex projects. They have a passion for customers that is demonstrated through professionalism and striving for excellence in all aspects of the customer experience. Demonstrated ability to engage in senior-level business and technology decision maker discussions related to agility, business value, and end-to-end software technology projects is required.
- Utilizes existing intellectual property (IP) and collective knowledge and provides recommendations for improvement.
- Engages with other project managers and customer stakeholders at the customer site using technical expertise, develops stakeholder relationships, and escalates issues and ambiguous situations as needed.
- Facilitates customer satisfaction by engaging with customers in a positive manner, reviewing customer feedback, and builds trusted relationships and supports colleagues in leveraging trusted relationships with internal resources to act as the voice of the customer with guidance from mentors on politically sensitive matters. Manages expectations by leading Conditions of Satisfaction (COSs) discussions with customer, and documenting, executing, and monitoring accordingly.
- Adheres to project compliance standards (e.g., confidentiality, privacy) and requirements of the contract.
- Drives project initiation for projects of low complexity (e.g., standard offerings, single domain) and/or medium complexity (e.g., multiple offerings, multiple domains) with support from senior colleagues by driving commitment of delivery resources, assigning resources, and creating work breakdown structures (WBSs) with the delivery team.
- Initiates contracting process by socializing the need for partner resourcing and assimilating partner resources to the project (e.g., filling out forms in line with contract, liaising with partner resource managers, collecting technical requirements for resources).
- Develops detailed project management plan to drive predictable delivery for projects of low complexity and/or medium complexity with support from senior colleagues, leveraging existing materials, to drive scope, resources, and project schedule in alignment and collaboration with customer plan. Participates in basic contingency planning.
- Establishes clear expectations and accountabilities (e.g., reconfirm scope, Responsible-Accountable-Consulted-Informed matrix) with all project team members (e.g., consultants) and stakeholders for teams of low complexity through participation in internal and external kick-off meetings (e.g., sales to delivery handoff, formal kick-off meetings). Interacts with default stakeholders (e.g., customer sponsor, project team members) and engages subject matter experts in holistic planning activities including team validation.
Monitoring and Controlling
- Oversees core project metrics projects of standard complexity to ensure adherence to key performance indicators (KPIs).
- Monitors and tracks risks and issues within projects of standard complexity, leveraging technical knowledge to identify and evaluate risks, perform qualitative analyses (e.g., probability, impact, urgency), record and track mitigation plans using available tools to input and update risk, and work with cross-functional groups to mitigate identified risks. Escalates risk scenarios through senior colleagues and customers as needed.
- Maintains quality deliverable (e.g., documents) for projects of standard complexity by identifying requirements, developing plans, tracking outputs. Follows standard quality management processes and accommodates some customer acceptance requirements.
- Follows established change processes and confirms change with customer before formally initiating the process.
- Manages finances for projects with small to mid-size scopes and budgets by tracking financial metrics and ensuring budgetary targets are met.
- Provides regular project status updates for small to mid-size deals and ensures stakeholders are informed. Tracks and maintains customer deliverables.
- Maintains timely project closure by completing project sign off tasks (e.g., system closeout updates, deletion of customer data, Deliverable Acceptance Form). Drives incremental process improvement by reflecting on and sharing lessons learned with team, and suggesting improvements to intellectual property (IP).
- Applies intermediate knowledge of project management principles to execution and delivery, serves as a mentor to junior colleagues, and builds his or her own capability through experience.
- Embody our culture and values
- Bachelor's Degree in related field AND 2+ years experience in project management
- OR Master's Degree in related field AND 1+ year(s) experience in project management
- OR equivalent experience.
- Ability to travel up to 2%
- 5+ years of complex ($10M+) program management experience
- Demonstrated ability to encourage teamwork and collaboration through effectively managing change
- Problem solving and escalation management; in a complex environment
- Experience managing projects with multiple work streams and partners
- Demonstrated strategic planning ability
- Demonstrated experience developing and managing to budgets.
- PMI certification or Agile project management certifications preferred
- Travel up to 50%.
- At Hounder, certain roles are eligible for additional rewards, including annual bonus and stock. These awards are allocated based on individual performance. In addition, certain roles also have the opportunity to earn sales incentives based on revenue or utilization, depending on the terms of the plan and the employee’s role.